Former Italian defender, Paolo Cannavaro on Thursday announced his retirement date from football.
Cannavaro said he will quit soccer after this weekend Sassuolo’s Seria A home match against Roma and join his brother on the technical staff at Chinese club, Guangzhou Evergrande.
The 36-year-old is the younger brother of Fabio Cannavaro, who won the World Cup with Italy as a player in 2006, and was announced as Guangzhou Evergrande coach last month.
The former Hellas Verona and Napoli star said,” Chinese will be difficult to learn, we’ll settle for English.”
“A new year, a new life … it will be an odd feeling. I won’t miss the field because it’s a decision I’ve made, but I will miss being around my teammates.
“I will be that of assisting Fabio 360 degrees as technical collaborator. I can coach the reserves, those who play a bit less during the season,” he said.