Understand that the average person’s chance of having twins is about 3%. Not so high. But it is highly probable that you are not average. If you have any of the below, your chances increase. If you have a lot or all of the below, your chance gets higher a lot. The opposite is also true, if you do not have any of the below, then the chances of you twinning are extremely low.
- Having twins “in the family,” especially on your mother’s side. Iif you already have twins, the chances increase quadrupled.
- People of African descent are known to be of the highest probability to conceive twin kids. These are followed by Europeans. Caucasian and Asians have the lowest chance of having twins.
- Your chances are better, if you are tall or well nourished, or even overweight.
- It also helps if the woman has been pregnant before. Women with 4 or more pregnancies increase their chances of twins dramatically.It seems that the body is more likely to have twins after it knows you “can take it.” In the families that have a dozen children or more, the numbers of twin births are much higher as they have more pregnancies.
Know that even though older women are less probable to get pregnant, however, if they do, they have a better probability to have twins. The older you are, the probability of you conceiving twin kids increases a lot. At the age of about 40, your chances are higher and jump to 7%. If you manage to get pregnant at 45, the chances are about 17%. Older women are most likely to get IVF and IVF is also known to increase your chance of twinning.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BETTER YOUR CHANCES
Do not forget the vitamins
People low on nutrition are less likely to have twins.
- All the vitamins are good for you, but folic acid in particular helps the most. You can get them at any pharmacy.
- Folic acid is recommended for all pregnant women, because it is known to prevent birth defects.However, you should not take more than the optimum 1000mg a day.
Click NEXT to continue reading